Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back on.

It's been a long time since I posted anything at all here, even longer since I posted anything of substance.

Let's see, what's happened. December 16th of last year, I went in for surgery to repair the posterior tibial tendon in my right ankle. the surgery went well, and I spent about two weeks in a cast, taking Vicodin. We just found the log I kept of when and how much I took. After I got out of the cast, I was in a boot, and on crutches for a few weeks. Of course, the winter was snowy and icy, and I spent January and February slipping and sliding around, fighting the snowbanks and icy sidewalks.

I spent a few weeks in physical therapy, regaining strength and mobility in my ankle and foot. After that, the doctor gave me the OK to ride a bike. Since March, I've been taking the bus into work and riding home. About two weeks ago, I got the OK to start running again. I've been going about a mile at a time, once or twice a week. I still have to wear an ankle brace, but I won't be in that forever.

The last race I ran was the 2007 July 4th race that starts and finishes in front of my house. I finished in 20:39 (6:40 pace), wearing an ankle brace, and with an undiagnosed tendon tear. Not too shabby, I was 53rd overall and 6th in my age group. I'm hoping htat next year I will be racing that race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment