Thursday, December 24, 2015

Semi-Occasional update

So, I don't update anything here very often.  Mainly because I don't have the time (who does?).

So, maybe I'll start writing again, and I'll just write what I feel like writing, whether it has anything to do with training or not.

On Saturday, I went to the gym.  I've been running on the dreadmill, because I was having knee issues, and I wanted to be in a position where, if something happened, and I couldn't run any farther, I wouldn't have to limp several miles home.

So, there I am, in the locker room after running 3.5 miles on the treadmill.  The temperature in the room with the 'mills, stationary bikes, and the ellipticals is around 75 degrees F.  That's ridiculously hot for exercise.  It should be about 20 degrees cooler.  I was soaked.  My shorts, my shirt, my hair, my heart monitor.  All soaking wet.  I go down to the locker room.  There's a young father there (maybe early 30's) and his two pre-teen sons.  They are in the same row of lockers as I am.   Son number one has taken up one entire bench.  No room to sit and take off my shoes on that bench.  Son number two is taking up about half the other bench -- the one in front of my locker.  Good, right?  I can sit on the other half of the bench while I take off my shoes.  Guess who's sitting, taking up the other half of the bench?  Dad.  He's texting someone.  Thanks, dad.  Setting a good example for the kids.  Dad, by the way, was sitting directly in front of my locker.  Not only keeping me from sitting down, but also making it more difficult for me to get to my locker.


No comments:

Post a Comment