Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Almost didn't make it

I dragged myself out of bed this morning and almost got right back in. I'm glad I didn't, though--it was one of my better mornings. Once I got warmed up, I felt pretty good, running lightly and easily--one of those mornings where you can feel why you like to run.

The next race I'm looking at is a 4th of July race, a 5 miler in the town where I grew up. I've actually been running this race since 1977. Not every year, but I've seen several courses for this race.

The race starts and finishes around the same place as the race back in April. This one, however, runs in a different direction, and is quite a bit hillier. The race is followed by an independence day parade and picnic in the park.

Last year's winner was also the winner of the July 4th race held in the town where I now live. On the same day. He won a 10k in Brighton, jumped in his car, rushed out to Fairport, and won the 5 miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment