Saturday, June 10, 2006

Trail run

I ran in my second Trail Race today--my first one was last year at this same race. There were two races, the short course (4.5 miles) and the long (9 miles). Since I didn't really feel ready for a 9 mile race, I decided to go for the short course. I was the first masters finisher in the short course, in 40:25. It's a pretty brutal course, with steep climbs and even steeper descents.

I haven't been able to update at all this week because of work. We're swamped, to the point where we can finally afford to hire another person for my department. She starts soon, but not soon enough. I'll be going in to the office tomorrow morning, early, to get some of our backlog cleared. Once we hire the new person, I'll be able to work on that stuff more, and won't be tied down with the kind of sork I've been doing.

I made an error regarding today's race--I gave blood yesterday. I'm not sure whether the mistake was giving blood the day before a race or racing the day after giving blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment