Sunday, June 24, 2007

Accounts of my demise are greatly exaggerated

I haven't posted in quite some time. Several months ago, I hurt my right ankle while running. I was unable to run at all for some time. After seeing my doctor, and a few visits to an orthopedic surgeon, and spending some time on the elliptical trainer, I'm back on the road. I do spend some time on the treadmill, and a certain amount of time on the elliptical, but much prefer getting out on the road--or on the abandoned railroad beds in the area. The Erie Canal Towpath is also a nice run, as long as the sun is up.

My racing season for this summer is probably shot, but I'm looking ahead to next year. Specifically, the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC. My younger brother (he's 12 years younger than I am) lives in Charleston, and has challenged me to race him at the Cooper River run. Loser buys a case of beer for the winner, and if I win, the winner gets to brag that at 47 he beat a 35 year old in a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment