Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Milestone

I passed a milestone in rehab. I am down to only one session a week now, and I'm getting some exercise outdoors. Well, a little bit of exercise outside. I ran around the block twice (half a mile each time). My wife wants me to do my outdoor running where she can keep an eye on me. At least I don't have to run around a quarter-mile again and again -- I will have to run only half as many laps.




The temperature was up in the 30s, and I was very comfortable. Wearing the jacket made it hard to see my heart monitor watch, so I had to take off the watch and carry it. I'll have to wear the jackets with elastic in the wrists, so I can keep the sleeves above the watch.

I'm hoping it warms up a little, so I can go out without a jacket. Unfortunately, here in upstate New York, we have 10 more weeks of winter.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news, Brenden!

    Well, the part about the running, not the part about the 10 more weeks of winter.

    Yeah, we got pounded with snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It felt so good that I ran an extra lap the last time I got out.

    ReplyDelete