Monday, September 04, 2006

Oak Tree Half

First off, I have to give credit where it's due. Electra, my teenage daughter, took the pictures of the cross-country race below.

Sunday morning, I ran in the Oak Tree Half Marathon in Geneseo. I started the race running with my friend Andy, figuring that I've been running even with him for a while. When I saw that he ran the first 3 miles in just over 22 minutes, I decided that he was in better condition than I was and dropped off the pace a bit. I ran the rest of the race I took it much easier. I finished 91st, out of 188 finishers, so I was at just about the halfway mark in the race, and Andy finished about 6 minutes ahead of me.

The turkey vultures circling over the halfway point were kind of unnerving, though. I wonder how the race directors managed that.

I took today off, still kind of sore, and went to a baseball game with Oed. The Red Wings lost the game, but it was still a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment