Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Cold

The weather was cold this morning. Temp was in the 20's, with a strong wind from a northerly direction. Stupid me, I forgot to bring my sweatpants today. I ran outside in this weather with shorts on. Once my legs warmed up, it really wasn't too bad, but just to get moving was tough.

There's a hill on West Peachtree, and the way I run it, it's uphill from 14th Street to about 11th Street. I head south on West Peachtree, so I hit the hill on the south side of 14th. I usually hit the 14th street light red, which means I've got to essentially stop, and try to get restarted while climbing this hill. Today, I was a hundred or so yards from the intersection, and saw that the light was green, with the walk light on, so I dashed the rest of the way to the intersection, which succeeded in getting me across without having to wait for the light, but also made me completely wiped out by the time I started climbing the hill. I think that uphill was the slowest I have run an uphill.

3 miles, 23:21. Obviously slow. Or maybe I've underestimated or mismeasured the distance I ran today. I should check again.

No comments:

Post a Comment