Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Looking for a "mercurial" pun

Quick and changeable in temperament; volatile: a mercurial nature.
--The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.

The weather yesterday was gorgeous--the temperature went up to 64° and it was sunny all day. Last night it was supposed to snow. I don't know if it did; the temp was 35° when I went out to run this morning, but we're supposed to have mixed rain and snow for the next two days.

There's a race this weekend that I have to run. The race course goes down a road less than a mile from the house I grew up in (and where my parents still live), turns around and goes back on the Erie Canal Towpath, where I did a good deal of my high school running. It's a nice flat, fast course, and it should be a lot offun.

No comments:

Post a Comment