Thursday, April 13, 2006

skipped a day

Not that I spent a day skipping, but I never got a chance to post yesterday. I did get out for a run yesterday, mainly because I had the day off. It was a beautiful day, but I had to spend most of it tied to a chair.

I spent the morning having my taxes done. Since the return has to be postmarked by the 17th (the 15th is a holiday in Massachusetts, where my return would be mailed), obviously I waited until the last minute for this. Why? My wife spent the year last year self-employed, and I was pretty sure we had underestimated her "estimated tax" payments. I was right. I've changed my withholding for this year, but we're paying a pretty fair amount to the Feds and the State of New York.

I spent most of the afternoon in the house. My father-in-law had a heart attack (his 4th) last week, and was expected to go home yesterday. I spent the afternoon waiting for the kids to get home and a couple of hours in the backyard with Oed before getting inside to make dinner.

This morning, I was back on track at 5am. Beautiful weather, it was 53° when I left the house. I felt good, but took it easy on the pace, keeping it around 8:00. Very few runners out at that hour, they are mostly out around 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment