Wednesday, May 11, 2005

2 days' worth

I took Monday off--I actually got out onto the road, but only went about 500 feet before my right knee started giving me a bit of pain. I stopped right away and walked back hame, taking the day off.

Yesterday, I got out early and ran about 3 miles without any pain, almost all on roads surrounding the house. This morning, I got out for about 4 miles. I was about a quarter-mile from my start when I looked over into the park and saw about 6 deer standing in the field. It's been a long time since I've been that close to deer--I never saw any in Georgia, and certainly not in NYC. I don't think there are any deer within 30 miles of Staten Island. I also triggered a standard poodle in someone's backyard; barking at me as I went by.

Unfortunately, I will be moving again(!) at the end of June. The lease on this house is up June 30th (we asked for a lease at least until the end of the school year) and the landlords (who are not professional landlords, but are very nice people), want to sell the house. We're trying to get a house in the same neighborhood, since both Electra and Oedipus have friends in the neighborhood, but it looks like we'll be moving about two or three miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment