Thursday, May 05, 2005

My first run back home

I got out for a 4.4 mile run this morning at around 10. I'm in the enviable position of not having to go to work for a few days. I don't start the new job until Monday.

I'm thinking of joining the informal running group at Fleet Feet tomorrow. Every Friday, they go about 4 miles; the newsletter says that the group includes all paces. I could probably find someone at my level.

I ran past my teenage daughter's school. Fortunately for her, nobody saw me out there. When I told her that I went past her school in my running shorts, she was mortified and told me never to do that again. I couldn't promise anything like that, since the Fleet Feet is about a mile from the house, and I would have to go past her school to get there.

I'm missing the walking I did in NYC. This place is much more a car-oriented city than NY was, although not nearly as much as ATL. The supermarket is only about ten minutes walk from here, and there's a Starbucks about 10 minutes in the other direction. Maybe I can get in some walks late in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment