Monday, May 23, 2005

Post-race

I'm not going to run for a few days now, to see what happens with my foot. I need to take it easy while I'm recovering.

The Lilac 10K is a very well-conducted event, and I highly recommend it. Apparently, the upper-level runners who were scheduled to race (several Kenyans and some Ethiopians) were unable to make it to the race. Several were reported to have had the flu. The race had a field of around 1200 this year, with over 1100 finishers. There's also a 5K an hour before the race. The race is held as part of the Lilac Festival; Rochester's Highland Park has a huge collection of Lilacs, and you can smell them from over a quarter-mile away. If you're going to be in Upstate New York in May, you couldn't do much better for a race.

the Starting Line of the Lilac 10K

OK, commercial over. Back to my regularly scheduled injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment