Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Easy Morning

I got out this AM for an easy run--temp was below 10°F (3 different thermometers gave 3 different temps, but they were all below 10°) with small, gritty snow flying. Lucky my route this morning took me into an area sheltered by trees so the wind wasn't really a factor. Old neighborhoods with 70-year old houses and 90-year old trees make for nice, sheltered running.

I got in a little extra running this morning. I walked out of the house, crossed the street, and reached into my shirt pocket, where I keep my bus pass. No bus pass. I ran back to the house, up the stairs, and started rummaging around on my nightstand. No bus pass. My wife says "Here, take some cash," and hands me some money. As I put it into my pants pocket, guess what I found?

So I ended up running for the bus this morning. Nothing like a little speed work to start your morning commute.


Sledding was a lot of fun.

Image hosting by Photobucket

It's a long hill, with trees at the bottom. More than once, I got bounced off the sled near the bottom of the hill. Oed thought that was hilarious every time it happened.

After the sledding, we went for a walk through the park, throwing sticks into the creek, looking at the swamp, accidentally scaring some ducks. We're supposed to have snow all week, except Thursday, when the temp will be in the 30s. I hope the snow doesn't all melt so we can get back out next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment