Monday, February 13, 2006

Hey, two!

Two posts, without long gaps in between!

Got out this morning at 5 am. I think I'll start posting that early just to be sure that I'll get my post in after a run. The roads were slick--a very thin layer of snow all over everything, just enough to make it annoying. Short steps, avoid the payloader (still wondering why a payloader with such a small amount of snow) and go for the bare pavement whenever possible.


Funny incident at work the other day:

My department, up until very recently, consisted of three guys, two of us in our 40's and the third not much younger. Our department was called "The Boys" because, let's face it, three guys together are going to act like boys. The department across the hall is all women, so of course, they are "The Girls."

Recently, two of "The Girls," A and B, transferred into our department, which means we have to stop acting like boys and start acting like men. Oh, well. "The Girls" have an office pool based on the "Survivor" show--I have no idea how it works, and I don't watch the show, so I'm clueless about the pool and the show. One day, a third woman, S, who's in her 20's, came into our department (I have the best coffee in the office) and was talking with A about the pool. Apparently, this time around, the Survivor teams were divided by age and sex (true?). S said that she likes the "old guys" because they seem to work harder, they seem nicer, etc., etc., etc. B comes up with "Now we know why you like coming over here..."

No comments:

Post a Comment