Friday, February 17, 2006

Update:

Glad I got out when I did this morning. The wind was just starting to pick up when I finished. While I was walking to the bus this morning (about 1/4 mile) I was picked up off my feet by the wind a couple of times.





This is where I catch the bus. Those traffic lights in the background are hanging from galvanized pipes rather than cables. The traffic lights were being blown horizontal by the wind gusts. The top wind speed recorded so far today is just about 60 mph. We only have about 11 hours of the High Wind Warning left today.

10:00 AM: Even better, now. The snow has started, although it doesn't look like we'll get any accumulation at all. Pieces of the building where I work are now falling off. The fire department has closed one street and two entrances to the building.



It looks like a very uncomfortable evening commute is ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment