Friday, May 19, 2006

busy week

Man, what a week. Tuesday night, Sandy wasn't feeling well, and didn't get much sleep. I went in to work late so I could get the kids off to school and she could get a little more sleep. Oed had been sick, but was healthy enough to go to school, so I got him off without too much trouble. He's on an antibiotic, which tastes absolutely horrible, so it's a lot of work just to get him to take it, but he was actually pretty good about it.

Electra, on the other hand, had fallen in gym class and hurt her left wrist. They were playing a game called "powerball" which is apparently somewhat like team handball. She says it's not, but I don't really see the difference from her explanation of the rules. Anyway, her wrist was really bothering her, so Sandy took her in for x-rays on Wednesday morning. It may be a hairline fracture, but nothing showed up on the x-ray. She (and 5 other kids) are out of gym for a couple of weeks now. I guess powerball is different from handball in the number of injuries sustained.

Yesterday, Sandy was again feeling pretty bad, so I left work early and came home to get supper and make sure she was OK.

My running this week has been a little bit hit-and-miss, with my bizarre schedule. I got out this morning, but I missed yesterday entirely. Lilac 10K coming up on Sunday, so we'll see how that goes.

There's a review of "The Davinci Code" in the local paper today. I haven't read the book and probably won't see the movie, but the picture they chose of Alfred Molina as a Cardinal looks an awful lot like Terry Jones when he was dressed as a cardinal

No comments:

Post a Comment