Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tough weekend

The weekend was pretty bad. Thursday morning, we lost a server at work. We swapped in a replacement, and it quickly died on us. We were left without a network, only working on documents saved locally, but unable to print. Some of our files were completely inaccessible, and some of our orders required those files. In an industry that relies on printed documents, some of which are required to have original signatures, losing the printer was catastrophic. We finally got a new server in on Friday afternoon, but by then we had lost an incredible amount of time and we were behind on everything.

The good news is, on Friday night, my wife decided to quit, and first thing Saturday, she did. She got a new job offer Monday afternoon, and she'll be starting on June 5th. Normal hours, hourly pay (instead of pay based on production) and benefits.

Saturday morning, before I came in to work to try to repair some of the damage done Thursday, I was out running a seven-miler, when my right calf muscle tightened up to the point where it was painful to run at all. I've been treating it with ice and Vitamin I, and it's feeling better now. I haven't run since Saturday, but I'm going to try a nice, easy mile tonight, with Oed.

No comments:

Post a Comment