Friday, May 12, 2006

Nice and Easy

I took it easy this morning, gouin out for a nice, easy 5K. I'm racing tomorrow, in a race in Lewiston, NY. It's actually a duathlon--something called the BeBop Du. I'm not riding in this race, I've got a partner that my wife calls my "twin brother separated at birth" doing the cycling. It's a 2.5 mile run, 12 mile bike, 2.5 mile run. I do hope the weather stays nice. It was 55° at 5:00 this morning. Just beautiful out.

The village of Lewiston overlooks the Niagara Gorge--from the 2 mile point, I may be able to look over into Canada.



Lewiston is far enough away from here that we'll have to get out on the road pretty early tomorrow. It's almost a 2 hour drive and registration closes at 8:45. We're making final plans today. I'm hoping ot maintain a 7:30-8:00 pace through both legs of the race. I'm not going to say that I won't race, because I'm pretty miserable at not racing in a race.

No comments:

Post a Comment