Saturday, January 08, 2005

Begging

I've noticed over the last few years that a lot of people have been begging on the web; essentially asking other people to pay for something they want (or need). I don't know whether I should try that. If I could afford a membership in a Midtown Manhattan Health Club, it would make my life a lot easier--I could roll out of bed, dress for running and pack a gym bag with my work clothes, go work out, shower and change, and go to work. Instead, I have to get up and go run cold, then shower, change, then catch the train/ferry to work.
I'd be way behind the curve on this, and I probably don't have any regular readers (I mean, why would anybody make a habit of reading this?), so I probably wouldn't raise enough to get a membership anyway, so I probably won't try it. Just musing, and thinking that it would be nice if I could get a little bit of cash in my pocket to finance my running.

No workout today--I had to go do my laundry this morning, then go to work. Definitely going to run tomorrow, though. I'm going to wait until after dawn, then go run at a nearby park. There's a path around the perimeter of the park, and I'll see if it's worth running on. Not exactly something I can do at 5am, though. I'm sure that the park won't be open at that hour.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment