Thursday, January 06, 2005

Nasty

I don't think I've ever been this glad that I wasn't running as I was this morning. The weather was nasty--temps in the low 30's with a cold rain blowing in from, I think, the northwest. I would rather have snow than that kind of rain and clod. In addition to the nastiness of the weather, there's the area around me to consider. there doesn't seem to be decent drainage in my area and this, combined with the sidewalk shortage and a complete absence of gutters on the streets, means that the streets (and the sidewalks where they exist) are often full of water. There's one intersection I run past frequently that is usually full of water, above shoe-top level. It's even got standing water on dry days--I can't imagine what the water level must have been like this morning. Anyway, tomorrow, I'll be back on the road, maybe Saturday, but definitely Sunday.



5k race on the 15th.

No comments:

Post a Comment