Thursday, January 13, 2005

One of those days

Rough day so far. Worked until 10pm last night, and so didn't get home until after 11. When I got up this morning, I felt a little of the Lower GI, so I've put off my running until tonight (assuming I get home at a decent hour). The neighborhood where I live has real drainage problems--I guess that's a problem with living on a low-lying part of an island, and picking my way around the ankle-deep puddles in the street made me take longer than usual to get to the train. The fog was very heavy this morning, and it delayed the Ferry both getting in to St. George and crossing the bay--we couldn't even see the Whitehall docks until we were just a few yards away from them. I never could see Governor's Island this morning, although I could hear the foghorn there. Obviously though, I'd rather be late than have the Ferry collide with another vessel.
The subway was packed tight when I got to Times Square to change trains. Usually, about six people get off the train at TS, but today nobody left, and we all had to just stuff ourselves into the train. As you might expect, the train was delayed, and so I got into the office about three minutes before I had to go to another floor for a major project.

Obviously, today is going to be one of those days where I spend the day running as fast as I can to stay in the same place

No comments:

Post a Comment