Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Back on Staten Island

I'm back in NYC. This morning, I got out for 3 miles. It felt pretty good, relaxed and easy. The temperature was around 35 degrees, warm enough for no hat and no gloves. I was surprised by how much ice was on the ground. The streets were slippery in places, and all of the standing water had a skin of ice on top. the salt must have washed away, and no more added since.

I replaced the battery in my strobe light--it wasn't dead, just low--and I was surprised by how much brighter and more frequent the flash was. Nobody will be able to miss me on the street now.

I'm looking forward to earlier sunrises. The sun was up by the time I left for work this morning--6:30. It will be good to be able to see things while I rum.

We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow night. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. Saturday means I get to run in the daylight. Yee Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment