Thursday, February 10, 2005

Missed Opportunity

Last night, by the time I got back to Staten Island, I was so exhausted that I just had something to eat and went to bed. I slept like a log, and wanted to stay in bed this morning, so I decided to run tomorrow. When I got up, I discovered that this morning, the temp was in the high 40s, with light rain. By the time I get home tonight, it will be down into the 30s. Tomorrow's high temp will only be in the high 30s, so I imagine that at 5 am it will be somewhat colder--low is to be around 25-30 tonight. And there's my missed opportunity. I wouldn't have had to get nearly as bundled up for a 45-47 degree morning as I will for a 25-27 degree day. I much prefer to get out and run in shorts and a t-shirt, and the more clothing I wear, the less I enjoy it. So, tomorrow, I will not enjoy running as much as I would have if I got out today. On the other hand, I really, really needed some sleep. So, I guess instead of a missed opportunity, it was a trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment