Friday, February 11, 2005

Chilly Morning

yesterday was really a missed opportunity. It was about 30 this morning, not really cold, but chilly, and the wind was strong. I don't know what the wind chill was, but it was cold. Anyway, I got out for my 3 mile loop; heard the "door closing" bell of the SIRR as I went past the Annadale Station--mist have been around 5:40. I don't think I got out early enough to be there for the 5:19 train. I'm looking forward to this weekend, and being able to run while the sun is up. In the dark, it feels more dangerous and more lonely out on the roads.

I timed the last half mile of my run this morning. That hill at the beginning of that last half takes it right out of me for the rest of the half. Dashing up a hill is no way to start. I chose that route, though, in order to go down a quiet, residential street which parallels the main, heavily traveled road that I really need to go down. I want to avoid that road because it's got a fair amount of traffic, and long stretches with no shoulder or sidewalk. Anyway, that last half took me 3:33.

Still looking for a race to get into. Also looking for a gym in midtown Manhattan that won't drain my bank account.

No comments:

Post a Comment