Thursday, February 03, 2005

A good Morning

I got out for about three miles this morning. When the alarm went off at 5, I hit the snooze bar and immediately started making excuses for staying in bed. After about 30 seconds of this, I managed to rouse myself and get out of bed to go run.

I decided to run the last half mile flat out, just to see what I could do. Right at the beginning of that half mile, I stepped into a puddle which was over the top of my shoe, which made for a somewhat uncomfortable last half mile. I didn't notice the puddle because I was trying to start my watch to time that half. Considering that puddle, the steep uphill at the beginning of the half, and the sheet of ice about 300 yards into the half (which made me slow down almost to a walk so I wouldn't lose my footing), my time of something around 3:30 wasn't bad. I'm not sure what my exact time was, since I accidentally cleared my time when the alarm went off.

Tomorrow, I'm flying up to Rochester, and I'm running in a 1 mile race on Sunday. My daughter Electra has also decided to try running, and she's going to go to the race with me. Maybe my son Oedipus will come along--the race is in age-group heats, so one of will be with Oed the whole time.

I won't be able to run tomorrow morning, since I have to pack for my trip tonight. I'll get out for a nice, easy run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment