Friday, February 20, 2004

Long Run of the Week

Today was my long run of the week. I ran 4.6 miles--2.3 miles out Juniper and Piedmont, then turned around and came back the same route. I got caught at several traffic lights, and on two occasions, drivers wouldn't give me the right of way, even though I was crossing with the light and in a crosswalk. One of the drivers at least had an excuse--it was a corner which, while not exactly blind, did have somewhat limited visibility down the sidewalk, and they had to pull out some ways into the crosswalk just to see what was coming on the sidewalk.

I ran the first half of the run in 17:25, which is 7:34 pace. On my way back, I wanted to run even pace, which would have been around 35:00, but I didn't count on the long uphill on Piedmont coming up while I was already tired. I ran the whole thing in 36:59, which works out to 8:02 pace. Obviously a slower second half. Like I said, that hill at the start of the second half of the run cost me a lot in terms of maintaining my pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment