Monday, February 02, 2004

Treadmill

Today, since it was in the low 30s and raining outside, I thought it might be a good day to try the treadmill in the gym. I started ("went out"?) in about 8:40 for my warmup, then decided to pick up the pace. I ran my first mile in 7:00 and accelerated from there. My second mile, I increased my speed so I was running in 6:40 pace for the first half, then I tried to pick up the pace some more. I messed up on the controls, clearing all of the settings. The belt slowed down to a stop, my time, distance and pace were cleared. I was somewhat embarrassed, but started the belt again, quickly picking up the pace to 6:00. When there was just under 1 mile to go, I tried to increase the speed again, maybe run the last 3/4 mile in 5:40 pace. No such luck. The treadmill has a top speed of 6:00 mile pace. My strides were too long, and I wanted to move too fast for the machine.

In addition, when I finished, I was dizzy, and reeled around the room. Well, maybe not reeled, but I did wobble.

I think from now on, I'll stick to the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment