Monday, February 16, 2004

My First Race of my Second Career

Yesterday, I ran in the first race of my second running career. It was the Frog Hop 5k, a small race in Athens, GA. I did pretty well, finishing 15th overall, in 21:20. I was third in my age group, and cam home with a small cloisonne plaque, my first hardware in many years. According to Running Times, I ran a 6:52/mile pace. That's pretty good for a fat old man.

I thought I went out too fast, going through 1 mile in under 6:15. I guess I just need to work on keeping that speed through the next two miles.

I gave the t-shirt to my daughter, who loves frogs, and wanted to run in the race herself. We haven't been able to find running shoes in her size with a price that's in our budget. Maybe over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment