Thursday, June 16, 2005

Couple Days Off

OK, I had a couple of days off to take care of some personal matters and haven't run since the 13th. I got out this morning for about 4 miles and my legs felt like lead. I need to get more sleep. On the bright side, the nighttime temperatures have dropped back down below 70, so I can sleep comfortably. Last night, the temps were all the way down to the 50s.

I'm thinking about entering a race on Sunday morning--it's a 5K to raise money for ALS research. The race finishes in the local AAA Baseball team's stadium, and after the race, there's a kids race against the mascot. Any kid who can beat a man in a bird suit gets a ribbon of some kind. I'm thinking about entering Oed in the race--he has said that he wants to run in a race.

Sounds like it could be fun.

A strange thing happened the other day. I went to the library and got out a book published in the late 80s for self-coached runners. I was looking at the training program for the 5K, and on the page opposite one of the training programs was a photo of one of my college teammates, who I have not seen since 1983.

No comments:

Post a Comment