Sunday, June 26, 2005

Gag Reflex

Yesterday was hot. Temps above 85F by 9am. Temps topped out around 97F. I tried to get out for 4.5 at around 10am yesterday and the whole experience was miserable. Fortunately for me, there are quite a few people who water their lawns in the mid-morning on hot days. I had to stop and walk several times yesterday, so I can't even say how my time/pace was on the run.

Today, I got out at around 9:30 for the same 4.5. Still pretty warm, but below 80F. Finished the 4.5 in 32:48, which works out to 7:17 pace.

I've had a head cold for almost a week, now (Thanks Oed!), and while I was out, my sinuses loosened up just enough to start a major post-nasal drip running. When it started, it triggered my gag reflex, and I did have to stop for a few seconds. Later on, in the last mile of the run, a cottonwood seed drifted into my mouth, setting me off again.

I'll be glad when the cold and the cottonwood seeds are both gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment