Saturday, June 11, 2005

My first time

I ran in my first trail race this morning. The race was the Powerbar Trail Race, held in Mendon Ponds Park. There were actually two races, a 4.5 mile and a 9 mile. Since I am not in any kind of shape for a 9 mile race, I opted for the 4.5.

I did pretty well--the hills took a lot out of me, and the logs I had to jump and duck also made my legs not want to continue. My finish was pretty good--I was 13th overall, and the second male masters runner. My friend Andy was about a minute ahead of me, 8th overall, and the first master. I ran the 4.5 in 39:19 by my watch. Time, of course, isn't really important in a race like this, since the terrain has so much of an effect on your race.

I'm surprised that I (and others who ran with me in college) haven't run more of these trail races. We used to run training runs that were quite a bit like these trail races. Maybe organizing them and making htem into races is what's keeping everyone away.

Anyway, I got a nice little piece of hardware for my trouble, and, since i didn't put down a T-shirt size on my entry, a shirt for Electra.

No comments:

Post a Comment