Friday, June 03, 2005

One more day off.

I'm getting better--I walked to my son's soccer practice last night, and even did a little bit of running on the way over. I'm taking it easy until I'm completely healed, though. I still have to find a Primary Care Physician. That's the worst part of changing jobs--changing insurance.

I've moved many times--so many times that my poor daughter, now in 8th grade, has attended seven schools in five districts. With all of that moving around, I have, obviously, moved without some of my "stuff." Some things I parted with easily, some were harder to give up. My books on running were among the things that I didn't want ot leave behind, but books are heavy and bulky, and so often must be disposed of before moving. Among the books I have given up was George Sheehan's Running and Being. I got it from the library the other day, and I now remember why I liked it so much. I'm going to have to get another copy soon. It's probably the best book on running ever written. No training programs or schedules, but inspiration in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment