Sunday, June 05, 2005

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

Einstein is supposed to have said "Only two things are infinite: the universe and the human capacity for stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." I saw someone today who would seem to confirm that statement.

First things first. I got out for about two miles this morning. My foot felt pretty good, it hurt a little bit in the first few hundred yards, but quickly settled down. I'm going to try another two tomorrow morning and see how it goes.

Today there was a race I wanted to get into. The Temple Beth El 5K. It's part of a trifecta of 5K races in the area. The second is the Father Murphy 5K, which is at a Catholic church, and the third is the Fish and Loaves 5K, which is at an Episcopal church. An old college friend of mine is the race director of the last, so I'm almost definitely running in that one. Unfortunately, with my foot the way it was, I didn't think I'd be running at all by today, so I didn't enter and I forgot all about it.

Now for the stupidity. On about my second mile, I saw someone riding a bike in the street. He had on no helmet, was wearing headphones, and was riding east in the passing lane of the westbound side of the road. On top of all that, he spent most of the time I could see him turned around in the seat, watching where he had just come from.

I am always amazed at how stupid people can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment