Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Beautiful Morning

This morning was beautiful--the temperature was in the mid 40s, almost no wind, no rain, and the sun was just coming up while I was out running. that last part will change soon; with this Sunday's switch to Daylight Saving Time, my early morning runs will be plunged back into darkness.

I'm taking it easy this week--no hill runs, and Friday will be a rest day. I went about three miles this morning at a nice, easy, relaxed pace. I have no idea what that pace was, but it was easy.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get in my flattest four mile run--near the base of the (former) Fresh Kills Landfill. Friday off, and a run down by Raritan Bay on Saturday. That's the plan, anyway. I also have to work this weekend, so all plans are subject to change without notice.

I've been reading Joe Henderson's Best Runs and I came across a training technique used by Dick Buerkle. I had forgotten all about him, even though he's one of the best runners produced by the Rochester area. He calls it the 1-1-1 method. 1 day a week, run 1 mile 1 minute faster than your normal pace. I think I may find a measured mile (or the high school track) and give this a try for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment