Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Character Builder

I got out for 4 miles this morning. Of the last mile, about three-quarters of a mile is uphill, so that I had a quarter mile at the top of the hill at the end of the run. This hill, which I think of as
Hill, is a long, gradual hill--at least that's what it looks like at the bottom. As you go up the hill, the slope gradually gets steeper, so that by the time you get to the top, it's a pretty good slope. When you get to the top of the slope, you cross over onto a short downhill, then a nice flat section for the cooldown.

The hill must be one of the highest points on the south shore of Staten Island--at least one of the highest naturally occurring points. I think (but it's hard to tell) that the Fresh Kills Landfill is actually higher than this hill.

Tomorrow, I'm going to take it easy with my nice, flat 3-mile AAAH run.

No comments:

Post a Comment