Friday, March 25, 2005

Looking ahead

Even if I don't get in a run tonight, it looks like the weather will be pretty good in Rochester. The forecast is for highs in the 40s, 49 on Sunday.

I'm going to enter the Lilac 10-K; writing the check this weekend. If the check is sent in, then I'm committed--I can't back out. I've been hesitant to enter a 10-K, worried about how well I can run it. This is a race which, when I ran it back in 1980, I finished third in the open division. Nothing like holding yourself to a ridiculous standard to destroy your self-confidence. I have to relax and remind myself that, not only am I older, I haven't been in training very long.

To steal an idea from Sean Lloyd:

Running Inspiration of the day:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Kenenisa Bekele winning the 2005 Short Course World Cross-Country Championship March 19th

No comments:

Post a Comment