Thursday, March 17, 2005

Goals

A few people have been posting about their running goals. I've intentionally held off on setting any specific goals. I didn't run much in my 30s--I was around 33 when I stopped completely. So, it was around 10 years that I "took a rest" from training. My PRs were all set when I was in my 20s, and I know that I'm not going to be setting any new ones, unless it's a distance I've never run before. Since I've only run two races with measured distances since I turned 40, both 5Ks, pretty much any race I run will be a 40+ PR. (My current 40+ PR for the 5k is 21:22, run in February 2004. I haven't raced any other distances as a Masters runner) I think I will start keeping a Masters PR record, and maybe after a year of keeping masters records, I can start thinking about specific goal times.

This morning, I got out for my AAAH run, 3 miles. Felt good the whole way, temperature was in the mid-30s, no snow or ice on the roads, not even the big lakes in the middle of the intersections.

I'm going to enter the Lilac 10K in Rochester. Then I'll have a Masters 10K PR.




Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment