Sunday, March 27, 2005

This time I got it right.

I got out for my 4.3 miles this morning. This time, I ran the correct course. I finished in 31:29, which Running Times' Pace and Race Time Equivalent Calculator shows as a 7:19/mile pace. It also shows that I should be able to run a 10k in 46:20 (a 7:28 pace) So, with that as a benchmark, I think that 46:00 as a goal in the Lilac 10K is attainable and a realistic goal.

The weather was, once again, beautiful. Temps hovering around 50, sunny--I ran in shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt with a singlet underneath. After my run, I peeled off the long-sleeved shirt to do a cooldown in singlet and shorts, and wasn't cold while I was doing it.

I'm looking forward to the 60+ temps that are coming soon.

After my run, I took my poor old dog out for a walk. She's somewhere around 16 years old, and we walked about 3/4 of a mile. By the end, she was just looking to lie down and go to sleep. Poor old thing used to love running, but now it's just too much for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment