Friday, April 15, 2005

I knew it would happen.

OK, first things first. I got out for my 5 1/2 mile long 4 mile run this morning. The wind was a little bit chilly (being originally from Upstate New York, I refer to any temperature between 20 and 50 as "a little bit chilly"), but once I got into the sheltered area downwind from Fresh Kills, it wasn't bad.

I talked to my youngest brother last night--he's the baby of the family at 32. He's started running, and almost the first thing he did was challenge me to a race. He wants me to come down next year (he lives in Charleston, SC) for the Cooper River Bridge Run, which comes up in early April. Loser buys a case of beer for the winner. Of course, I couldn't refuse a challenge. Did I mention that we're competitive?

Then, this morning, on the way to the train, there was a guy walking along the sidewalk about half a block ahead of me. All of a sudden, he collapses and falls into the street, and just lies in the road. Naturally, I called 911, but by the time an ambulance could get there (it was rush hour, after all), he'd gotten up, said he'd be fine, it was probably an epileptic seizure, and walked away. I waited around for the ambulance to get there, to let the EMTs know what happened.

Strange morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment