Monday, April 18, 2005

No way was that a mile.

Yesterday, I ran down to Wolfe's Pond Park (about a mile and a half away) to run the trail around the outside of the park. The Staten Island Athletic Club says that the trail is just over a mile. I took it easy, quick but comfortable, and I got around in about 6 minutes. Now, that means one of three things happened:

1. I took a wrong turn or I missed a portion of the trail, and I ran less than a mile,
2. Whoever wrote the description of the trail mis-measured it and I ran less than a mile, or
3. I've suddenly become one of the fastest milers on the planet, when an easy, comfortable mile takes me only 6 minutes.

I think option number 1 is the most likely, but 3 seems really attractive to me for some reason.

Day off today--I had trouble sleeping and couldn't get up for my morning session.

No comments:

Post a Comment