Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dark.

One of the darkest mornings I've run in a while. I couldn't really see the road at some points. There didn't seem to be a moon, and there were no clouds. Even the neighborhoods I ran through seemed to have shut off the streetlights. If it weren't for a few houses with lights on, I would have thought the power had gone out.

Part of my route this morning was along a main thoroughfare which is currently under construction (supposedly we have two seasons--winter and construction, but constuction season is actually 12 months long). I could barely see my feet (extremely dark along there)while I was running, so I had to take it very very slowly in order to avoid stepping in a hole or going off the road. The cars with the highbeams on didn't help matters, since after they passed, I was completely blind.

A friend who is a cyclist (he used to cycle the C&O Canal Trail regularly, before he bacame a father) has asked me to race in a duathlon with him. The running portion of the race is 5 miles (two 2.5 mile legs) so it's a very short race. The race comes up on May 13th, so I've got to get serious about it. The race is in Lewiston, and the cycling leg seems to run right along the Niagara River. The running legs appear to be around the Village of Lewiston.

We raced together for a few years (before I moved to Atlanta) at a small race in Batavia which put on a pretty good party after the race was over, but it seems that the race in Batavia is gone forever. Sorry to see it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment