Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Icy.

The footing this morning was treacherous. Everything was coated in ice, and I slipped several times while I was out. Feeling pretty good, though--my AT is feeling good. Again, it was a little stiff when I got out of bed, but loosened up pretty quickly. The wind was not as bad as yesterday, but it was still a pretty strong breeze. My last half mile or so was straight into the wind. I'm pretty close to a range of hills (actually a terminal moraine) that blocks most of the wind, but today the wind was coming directly from the south (an unusual direction), so there was no hope of any shelter from the hills.

A little more snow is due over the weekend, then next week is supposed to be 30s and rainy. I'd rather have snow than cold rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment