Saturday, March 11, 2006

I Guess Winter's Over

The temperature today was in the mid 60s for most of the day. I got out at around 4pm for a run and it was 62°. No more snow, ice or slush. Oh wait--next week we're supposed to get more snow. That's the beauty of Rochester weather. You literally never know what to expect.

We all went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Downtown Rochester today. My heritage is Irish (immigrant grandparents) and my wife's is English and French Canadian (immigrant mother).

An amusing story: Once many years ago, before children, we were in Toronto in a small restaurant, and I noticed my wife staring at some guy--discreetly, so nobody would notice--with a puzzled look on her face. She said "I know I've seen that face before, I just can't place it." I looked at the guy, and said "I know where you've seen it before--in the mirror." This guy could have been her twin brother separated at birth.

I didn't get into the race today--my AT wasn't really ready for it. I can't run a race slow and easy. I have to run it as a race. It'll be around mid-May, I think, when I race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment