Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Snowy

Another snowy morning, with small, soft flakes blowing gently around. It was around 27° this morning, and quiet. Hardly any traffic, which is unusual in my area. A major highway, near an intersection called "Twelve Corners" usually gets traffic 24/7, but not this morning. 12 Corners was deserted this morning. The only sounds were the sound of my feet on the road and the quacking of the ducks on the creek. I discovered that one of my loops is approximately 0.2 miles short of what i thought it was. Have to adjust the loop to add a little distance. That shouldn't be too hard, though.


I had a "senior moment" this morning. I take a multivitamin every morning. After showering and shaving this morning, I couldn't remember whether I'd taken one today or not. I looked into the bathroom cup, and the bottom had some water, but for the life of me, I could not remember having taken the pill. Maybe I need a checklist on the bathroom wall.


This guy makes me feel slow. He manages to walk 10,000 meters in 38:44 on the track.


On the home front, my wife lost her job about a week ago. Well, technically, she didn't lose her job, since she's self-employed (Memo to self: "You're fired."), but her one and only customer doesn't have enough work to go around any more, and the employees get priority over the contractors. She's been looking for work, and may have a new job (employee status) soon. This comes hard on the heels of our new computer purchase. December 31 (2005 business expense), we bought a new computer for her to use for her job. Now, that job dries up.

No comments:

Post a Comment