Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Paybacks

Winter's not over. Not even close. This morning, the temp was only around 40°, but the wind was above 20 mph, with guste as high as 40. That means the weather is changing. We're getting a snowstorm over the next two days--it's currently in Michigan and heading our way. More snow later in the week.

Got out early this morning. A little stiff, but I warmed up, and before long I was comfortable and relaxed. The wind this morning produced a strange effect. I was running through a neighborhood built in the 1950s-60s, so the trees are younger and the houses farther apart. I expected to be fighting the wind the whole way, particularly since I was running on a nice straight road running through the area, and the wind should have been blowing straight down that road. As I ran down the street, I could hear wind chimes being blown around violently, while on the road, no wind was blowing.

I'm thinking about entering a race on April 1 which is limited to people over 40. A nice little 5k, with a small field might be just the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment